Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Congrats to CaptionFish and DeafPolitics

Commentary

Congratulations to CaptionFish and DeafPolitics on their forming a partnership to develop a DeafPolitics website for the deaf and hard of hearing community. For those of you who missed the news, here is the link to their press release. I think a DeafPolitics website with blogs and vlogs is a great idea. I would like to see our deaf people become more aware of the wide political spectrum that exist in America and make their own conscious choices when it comes to voting or running for office. Having grown up in a family with political connections (see my first entry about my two grandfathers and their work for the U.S. government), I developed an understanding and appreciation of politics that I would like to share with you. The purpose of this blog, Atlas Signs, is to provide nonpartisan political information for our deaf and hard of hearing community. In the links section you can see links to various parties such as the G.O.P., the Democratic Party and the Libertarian Party. As for myself, I would give you my perspective as an Independent Libertarian. I am neither fully affiliated with the Libertarian Party nor am I a member because I do not agree with all of its platform. But the bulk of my political beliefs are Libertarian. It is up to you whether you want to be a Democrat or a Republican or an Independent and I will respect your choice. What is important is that you become aware and you participate in the democratic process of voting, because as I mentioned before, politics affect your life. Do not do this just for yourself, do it for your own country!

To CaptionFish and DeafPolitics, thank you. We look forward to your launch soon this year!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Thanks for the kind comments! Your support is what keeps us going.

So, really, thank *you*.